Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yarn braids

     Here's the update. School is right around the corner and I need something to do with my hair for a while.Weaves are cool but I don't like that the hair shed and gets all over the bathroom floor. I took down my weave and my new growth has grown an inch. It's extremely curly and trying to comb it without detangler is the worst. So if you don't have any detangler the best thing to do is to comb it while the conditioner is in your hair. Speaking of conditioner that's you should mostly use since shampoo can strip your hair of moister. if you decided to use shampoo anyway you should use shampoo that does not contain alcohol Let me make this very clear KEEP ALCOHOL AWAY FROM YOU HAIR!!! I know most people with relaxed hair really don't look at the label to see what's in the products they put in your hair but natural people you really need to. Right now I'm using Pantene for natural &relaxed hair. I figured it would work since my hair is part natural and part relaxed but I'll have to use it longer to see if it really works.
For school I will be getting yarn braids or genie locs which are braids made out of yarn (yes real yarn). They look like dreads and I think dreads are gorgeous. I think it's a great style for people who like dreads but who never actually want to get them or just want to see if you look right in dreads before you get them. I'll be getting them tomorrow.
THIS IS NOT ME  LOL
Here's an example of what they're suppose to look like. I'll check in later with the results.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sis thx for the heads up buy DONT assume that relaxed heads DO NOT read labels...Everything else you said was good but that was a really really really really lame statement there... Don't worry I'll retract it for you...

    ReplyDelete